To the reader

Some thoughts, I cannot keep.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Harvest Moon.... or, I LOVE bluegrass



This past Thursday night I got a really exciting opportunity. I was able to play guitar and sing with some talented bluegrass/blues musicians at the Harvest Moon Cafe in Rome. The restaurant was practically a soundbox (all high ceilings, wooden floors and vault-like interior) and the audience was amazing.

Nothing can take your breath away faster than trying to keep up with a harmonica, mandolin, guitar and fiddle all going at hyperspeed as they blaze through a bluegrass tune. Still, I was smiling so much it actually hurt my face. And, bonus, I got this AWESOME t-shirt from the restaurant that's the prettiest tie-dye I've ever seen. Thank you to Timothy, Robert and Roger- what a great night!

No comments:

Followers