To the reader

Some thoughts, I cannot keep.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The first note

I get ready. My knees pop
and in the silence, it is like the shot before a race. My heart takes off
for the finish line. I do not breathe.

This is why I love it. I forget.

I open my mouth and here comes the first note.
Too loud,
offensive, almost. It is such a surprise.
It moves, washing over upturned faces in the dark and silting down at the back of the room.

I shake with the birth of creation and awareness, I feel hunted and worshiped.

The first note is the true gift, the sounding bell of pleasure for the
ones who listen. A connection exists.

It is like the first touch
from your first love, 
when you suddenly knew
that your heart was too small
to contain
the riot of your soul.


No comments:

Followers